We’re very excited to announce that Saturday’s screening (3/19) of the restored Metropolis in Macy’s Center City is SOLD OUT and tickets are no longer available for purchase online.
This one-of-a-kind event will transform the gorgeous Grand Court into a movie palace, pairing one of the most influential films in history with the largest pipe organ in the world!
If you're kicking yourself for not having bought tickets sooner, we will have a small number available for purchase on the day of the show.
Here's how you can get RUSH tickets to Metropolis:
- The box office will open for the event at 6:30pm on Saturday, March 19th. At this time, we will form a RUSH LINE for those patrons that would like to purchase tickets for the SCREENING ONLY.
- Rush tickets will not be available until 8:00pm.
- We recommend that you get to the event early to retrieve these tickets as they will only be distributed on a first come, first serve basis to those patrons waiting in line. (The screening will still begin at 8:30pm)
Below are a few other helpful hints we'd like to share so you can enjoy the event without a hitch!:
- Patrons of this event are entitled to discount parking when they use the garage located underneath Macy’s. To access this garage drive north on 13th Street and enter on your left between Market & Chestnut Streets.
- Patrons who park in this garage should request an event validation from the ticketing station during check-in; validation is good for $6 off parking.
- All patrons must check in via the Juniper Street entrance (Juniper & S. Penn Square, where the City Hall traffic circle intersects Juniper Street). All other store entrances will be closed and inaccessible. Juniper St is located between Broad and 13th.
- The ticketing station will be set up at 6:30pm for patrons to check in. All patrons will be provided an orange wristband upon check-in, so that Macy’s security will recognize you as a patron of the evening’s event.
- Patrons attending the reception may arrive anytime after 6:30pm; the reception begins at 7pm. Please bring valid photo ID in order to claim your purchased tickets.
- Patrons attending the screening only are advised to arrive at 8pm. The store will be closing at 8pm, and security will be escorting guests out of the building, so please do not arrive much earlier than 8pm in order to avoid confusion.
- The film is 2 ½ hours long, and will begin at 8:30 promptly. When you take your seats we ask that you silence all cell phones.
- The film has sold out! When you take your seats please do not leave gaps between parties, as every seat will be required.
- Bathrooms are located on the 3rd floor; there will be an elevator in the back of the building for patrons who need to visit the restrooms.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reply to this email.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!